It’s been years since Okuma Makaira and Andros reel technologies radically advanced big game fishing reel performance. Within Metaloid, key concepts of these industry-leading platforms take shape in a more accessible package, radically advancing power and performance available to everyday anglers. Metaliod includes three sizes, a M-5SN (narrow), M-5S and M-12S, available in single speed. These three reels cover the range from vertical jigging to live bait, casting to light trolling for species up to sailfish and yellowfin tuna.
- Rigid one-piece frame and left sideplate construction
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame and sideplates
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- 4 BB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Ergo Grip handle knob with anodised aluminium handle arm
- 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing
- Silent retrieve system for cranking smoothness
- Carbonite drag system with Cal’s drag grease
- All models feature durable Ergo grip handle knobs
- On / Off bait clicker for all models
Max Strike Drag with Freespool and Max Full Drag with Freespool listed below.
|Model||Gear Ratio||Weight||Max Strike||Max Full||Mono Capacity – LBS/YDS||Capacity – mm/Metres|
|M-5S||6.4:1||440g||7kg||11kg||12/620, 15/430, 20/340||0.32/570, 0.37/400, 0.42/320|
|M-12S||6.4:1||669g||9g||12kg||20/560, 25/420, 30/320||0.42/510, 0.48/380, 0.55/290|