The Slammer® name needs little introduction in saltwater circles, developing a cult following for being synonymous with bulletproof strength and lasting the distance no matter the conditions. Now Slammer® appears on a PENN® rod range, representing the next generation of high performance sportfishing rods, with powerful, lightweight blanks combining with renowned Slammer® durability. The range is also equipped with tangle-free Fuji® K frame guides containing SiC inserts, Fuji® reel seats, and contoured high density EVA grips for a technical, sensitive, and premium finish.
PENN® employs two different blank construction methods in Slammer® rods, optimising the graphite depending on whether a jigging or casting model. For jigging, PENN®’s RCB² construction comes into play, consisting of a rolled composite core and outer layers of longitudinal glass to provide a lightweight, thin, and parabolic blank that flexes from grip to tip, distributing weight for extra durability. These parabolic blanks offer sought after durability, balance, and recoil anglers need to work jigs in areas ranging from reef structures to suspended schools of fish in both shallow and deep-water environments.
For casting, PENN®’s SLC² blanks are employed, comprised of inner spiral carbon wraps and outer layers of longitudinal carbon fibers to provide an extremely strong, yet balanced rod. These highly sensitive yet durable blanks provide excellent casting as well as the perfect action required to work various lures in both inshore and offshore environments.
- RCB² blank construction (technique optimised blanks for jigging models)
- SLC² blank construction (technique optimised blanks for casting models)
- Fuji® K-Series tangle-free guides with SiC inserts and stainless steel frames
- Lightweight Fuji® graphite reel seat with superior strength
- Contoured high density EVA grips for better sensitivity & ergonomics
- Durable rubber gimbal (select models)
- Custom aluminium lock ring for secure reel fit
|Rubber Gimbal Butt
591MH, 611MH, 721MH, 762MH